Weather Policy: In the event of a reschedule or cancellation due to inclement weather, Top End Dragways will post an update on the home page by the Friday prior to the event unless otherwise noted. We want to keep our racers and spectators safe. Thank you for the patience.
- This event has passed.
SRD 10K Drift Challenge – Drifting Weekend #2 – June 2019
June 20 - June 23
Big Money Drifting
Bring your best vehicle, your best driver, and a top crew to compete with the top drifters in the Midwest for the largest prize pot we’ve ever had at Top End Dragways. This will be the show of the summer for roasting tires and watching a huge bash. Sponsored by Falken Tires, Sandbeck Race Development, and a sanctioned event by Formula Drift.
- 50 driver limit
- 2 Pro2 Formula Drift Licenses
- Top 32 bracket
- Winner gets $10,000
- 2nd place gets $2,500
- 3rd place gets $1,000
- 4th place gets $500
- Judges: Formula Drift Pro Driver Matt Field, Ben Blizel, and Kyle Paschke
- Friday & Saturday: $25/day
- Sunday: $15/day
- Weekend pass: $40 for all three days
All registration is non-refundable and non-transferable. All registration sales are final.
Drivers – Please read the 2019 SRD Drift Challenge rules before registering. All vehicles will be put on a lift for tech inspection. If your vehicle fails to pass and you cannot fix the issue before competition begins, you will be disqualified.
- 1 Driver + 1 pit crew card: $400
- Additonal pit crew cards: $50 each
Drivers and pit crew members will be the only entrants allowed on the property for tech and practice on Thursday, June 20th. Spectators won’t be permitted to enter until Friday, June 21st when the event begins.
Thursday, June 20th
- 9:00 AM: gates open to hard card (staff, media, drivers, crew, vendors, sponsors) holder only.
- 10:30 AM: Tech inspection opens. (staging lanes for drag strip)
- 12:00 PM: Drivers meeting for first practice. (track shop next to the house)
- 12:30 PM: First practice begins. First practice will consist of 2 run groups. 45 rotations.
- 3:30 PM: First practice ends. Break time/track maintenance.
- 4:30 PM: Break ends. Drivers meeting for second practice. Second meeting is for new drivers arrived after first practice started. (track shop next to the house)
- 5:00 PM: Second practice begins. Second practice will be 2 run groups. 45min rotations.
- 8PM: Second practice ends. Track is cold. Tech inspection closes.
Friday, June 21st
- 8:00 AM: Gates open to hard card holders.
- 9:00 AM: Tech Inspection. (staging lanes for drag strip)
- 11:00 AM: Drivers meeting. (track shop next to the house)
- 11:30 AM: Pre-qualifying practice begins
- 12:00 PM: Spectator gates open.
- 1:00 PM: Tech inspection closes.
- 2:30 PM: Pre-qualifying practice ends. Breaktime/track maintenance begins.
- 3:15 PM: Breaktime/track maintenance ends. Qualifying drivers meeting.
- 4:00 PM: Qualifying begins. Top 32 drivers will go into money bracket. #33-48 qualifiers will go into consolation bracket.
Saturday, June 22nd
Car Show – We have added a car show for Saturday June 21st. Cars do require approval. Email info and photos to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once approved you will be sent further instruction for that day. There is no added cost, but you will need approval and a spectator pass for that day. Trophy for BEST OF SHOW.
- 8:00 AM: Gates open for hard card holders.
- 8:30 AM: Consolation drivers meeting.
- 9:00 AM: Spectator gates open.
- 9:15 AM: Consolation all driver practice begins.
- 10:15 AM: Consolation all driver practice ends.
- 10:30 AM: Consolation Top 16 tandem battle begins.
- 11:30 AM: Money bracket drivers meeting.
- 12:30 PM: Consolation Top 16 tandem battle finishes. Money bracket all car practice begins.
- 2:00 PM: Money bracket all car practice ends.
- 2:30 PM: Money bracket Top 32 tandem battle begins.
- 4:00 PM: Money bracket Top 32 tandem battle ends. Break begins.
- 5:00 PM: Break ends. Top 16 tandem battle begins.
Immediately following Money bracket battle we will do trophy ceremonies.
Sunday, June 23rd
- 8:00 AM: Gates open for drivers and spectators
- 9:00 AM: Drivers meeting.
- 9:30 AM: SUNDAY FUNDAY – All car bash!
- 6:00 PM: Event closing