In 1959 George Holland built Red River Valley Dragways, the first drag strip in Minnesota. Under George’s ownership, the track was sanctioned by AHRA (American Hot Rod Association).
In 1969, the track was purchased by Duwayne Engness. It was renamed to Interstate Dragways and changed to NHRA Sanctioning. Throughout the early and mid ’70s Duwayne ran NHRA Class cars (Super Comp, Gas, and Street) only. For a few years in the late ’70s he added bracket classes to the mix then migrated to running only bracket classes. Classes included Super Comp, which ran on a pro tree where racers dialed their own handicap. Pro ET, Heavy Street, and Street all run on a full tree. In 1978, the schedule was switched to running two day weekends instead of single day.
In 1996, the track was purchased by Ron Johnson who continued to run the track as Interstate Dragways and under NHRA sanctioning.
In fall of 2010, the track was purchased by Charlie McCann and renamed Top End Dragways. The track hosted its first annual National Open in May 2012.
As of May 2018, Top End is owned and operated by Sandbeck Race Development.